Jan 16, 2015

Seattle Travel : Downtown

When I lived in Vancouver, I went to play in Seattle once a month by high-speed bus.
At the time I lived with a host family, there wasn't my privacy. Anyway, I wanted to be alone.
I went shopping and sightseeing in Seattle, and went back to Vancouver after one night at the hotel. I remember that it was a lot of fun. And Seattle is excellent weather than Vancouver, My feelings also become better.
I was happy to go back to the location of such memories.

Downtown
Pike Place Market
This is the most famous tourist place in Seattle.
Founded in 1907, it is a place that became the forerunner of the American pubic market.
Around the main arcade of sea near the building is lined with no gap, there are many retail stores.
Starbucks first store
Different shop logo. Since there is no chair in the store, only for to go. I got a free brownie from Starbucks staff.
Beecher's Handmade Cheese
I could see cheese making kitchens and centuries-old craftmanship. In addition to Seattle, there is a store in New York.
Seattle Art Museum
Down strike a hammer, a huge sculpture "Hammering Man" is characteristic. It is a museum of contemporary art.
Westlake Center and its surrounding
There is a Macy's and Nordstrom and Nordstrom rack near the West Lake Center. In the West Lake Center, there is a monorail station arrival and departure of the Seattle Center bound. There is also a souvenir shop. This area is a major shopping area.
Space Needle at Seattle Center visible from Downtown.
It's the night view that feel the future, such as science fiction. Security is not bad. It is okay to walk alone at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment