Dec 23, 2014

Tempura Tsunahachi Shinjuku So-honten ( Tempura specialty Japanese restaurant ) with my aunt.

Tempura " Tsunahachi " is the restaurant of the long-established founded in 1923.
It's very famous restaurant. And it's a favorite restaurant of my aunt.
There is a shop in various parts of Japan, but my aunt says Shinjuku So-honten ( main shop ) is the most delicious. It is so popular, we waited in line.
We ordered " Tsunahachi zen ".
Tempura Tsunahachi Shinjuku So-honten
Please try to eat Tsunahachi's tempura if you want to eat a real tasty tempura.
Frederic Magnien Bourgogne Pinot Noir
It is sad Sake or white wine to fit with tempura. Since I can't drink Sake, I ordered a white wine.
Appetizer
Simmered spinach and nametake ( mushroom )
Appetizer
Miso tofu
Texture was like cheese.
Tempura of Kujo green onion 
(leek from Kujo, Kyoto)
It was thickness and sweet, very delicious.
Tempura of Japanese tiger prawns 
( kuruma-ebi )
maitake (mashroom) and lotus root
This kuruma-ebi was very fresh and thickness and sweet. It was very delicious.
Tempura of scallops and shiitake mushroom
We ate these with a salt of the following. I had never eaten delicious and thickness and sweet scallops like this.
Matcha ( powdered green tea ) salt, 
Japanese plum salt, common salt
Tempura of clam
Large clam. I ate in hollowed out from the shell. This is a difficult to fry tempura at home. It was delicious and very elegant.
Freshener
Chinese cabbage and carrots pickled
Deep-fried small shrimps ( Kakiage Tempura )
As I can also eat this as a tendon ( Kakiage Tempura Bowl ) and is placed on top of the rice, I ate in the separately. The shrimp was also delicious. It was sweet and fresh.
White rice, miso soup of freshwater clam, pickles
Miso soup of white miso. Freshwater clam extract was rich, it was delicious.
It is a old building that feel the history. My aunt takes me to delicious restaurants every time. We also enjoyed a great this time, had a great time. I would like to thank my aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment